IMTS is one of the largest industrial trade shows in the world, with thousands of exhibitors and more than 91,000 visitors.
Highlighting the opening day's events will be a keynote luncheon program featuring speakers from key industrial markets including aerospace, automotive, energy and medical manufacturing. A round-table panel discussion will conclude the luncheon program, which will be held from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Industry & Technology Conference area of the West building of Chicago's McCormick Place.
IMTS attendees registered for a conference session will be admitted to the luncheon program. Exhibiting company representatives will also be eligible to attend on an RSVP basis.
"IMTS attendees repeatedly tell us that they come to the show to learn, to network and to find new resources and innovative manufacturing technology resources," said John Krisko, IMTS Director - Exhibitions. "We are committing significant energy and resources to make the conference the premier educational offering available to the manufacturing industry."
The IMTS Industry & Technology Conference will bring the industry together, under one roof and at one time, to discuss new opportunities, network with industry peers and explore innovative ways to overcome day-to-day and long-range challenges.
The conference program, September 14 - 17, will focus on six topic tracks featuring a wide range of industry specific sessions including:
- Materials Engineering (Physical Properties, What's New, Future [R&D])
- Machining Technology & Trends (General Cutting [turning, milling, etc.], Grinding, Tooling / - Workholding)
- Alternative Manufacturing Processes (Waterjet, Laser, EDM, Welding, Fastening/Joining)
- Metrology (Measuring, Testing, Inspection, 3-D Inspection, Standards)
- Plant Operations (Lean Manufacturing, CAD/CAM, Training/Work Force, Government, Energy Efficiency, MTConnect)
- Rapid Prototyping
More information on registering and attending the IMTS Industry & Technology Conference will be available shortly.
IMTS - www.IMTS.com