Wago Corporation introduces a new power measurement family, featuring components for industrial and building applications. The new product line includes the 750 Series - 3-Phase Power Measurement Modules, 855 Series - Rogowski coils and CTs and 857/798 Series - Signal Conditioners.
While there are a wide variety of power measurement products in the market, most are expensive stand-alone systems. WAGO's new power measurement modules can be integrated into a WAGO-I/O-SYSTEM node with other standard digital/analog input and output signals. This system can also be networked to an existing control platform. If an integrated solution is not required, WAGO signal conditioners can convert standard 1A or 5A current transformer or Rogowski coil signals into a standard PLC analog signal type. A full range of measuring devices, current transformers and Rogowski coils round out both applications.
Applicable across multiple sectors
Of the 26.7 percent of U.S. electrical consumption that comes from the industrial sector, 64 percent is attributed to motor driven equipment. Power measurement products can be used to measure and collect motor current data to detect instant or cumulative loading to protect an installation from potential failure or extraordinary energy usage.
Applications of the new power measurement product line include:
- General load monitoring and phase balance in Motor Control Centers.
- Detecting over-tonnage conditions in automotive stamping operations.
- Detecting pump failures or cavitating pumps in lube or hydraulic pump systems.
- Overload of conveyor motors or broken belts in material handing applications.
- Preventing damage to gear boxes and drive shafts on index tables.
>>For more information on this product, click here
Companies in this article