HELUKABEL, one of the world’s leading cable manufacturers, has announced that five of their cable families have been specified for use in Ford Motor Company’s manufacturing operations. Products approved cover control, power and motor cables for fixed, flexing and continuous-flex, cable track applications.
The combination of TC-ER, PLTC-ER, ITC-ER and UL1277 allows these cables to be used in all tray applications while still having the performance of a flexible, PUR cable. Their outstanding oil resistance (Oil Res I & II) guarantees a long service life for machine tools and industrial applications located in dry, damp and wet environments, such as those found in an automotive plant. All products are stocked in HELUKABEL USA’s Elgin-based warehouse as well as HELUKABEL’s global logistics center in Hemmingen, Germany, near Stuttgart.
The 2630 Electrical Data Form will be used by all Ford Motor Company Automatic Transmission Operation (ATO) and Power Train Operation (PTO) plants around the world. Machine tool equipment suppliers must use cables listed on the specification to allow Ford to ship machines around the world without having to re-wire them, which helps reduce installation time in current and future facilities.
“HELUKABEL is very proud to partner with a company as esteemed as Ford on their global 2630 specification,” said HELUKABEL USA President Markus Dannheim. “The global network that our company has in place will enable Ford and their suppliers to seamlessly integrate our cables into their operations no matter where they are in the world.”
Electrical Data Form 2630 Approved HELUKABEL Products
- TRAYCONTROL 550 TPE – flexible, multi-conductor control cable. Oil resistant, TC-ER rated for open installation, and NFPA 79 approved.
- TRAYCONTROL 670 HDP – flexible, severe/heavy duty motor power cable. Oil resistant, TC-ER rated for open installation, and NFPA 79 approved.
- MEGAFLEX 650 – high-flex, multi-conductor control cable for track applications. Oil resistant, TC-ER and PLTC-ER rated for open installation, and NFPA 79 approved.
- TOPSERV 600 VFD – flexible, VFD/servo/motor supply cable without brake pairs for track applications. Shielded, oil resistant and NFPA 79 approved.
- TOPSERV 650 VFD – high-flex, VFD/servo/motor supply cable with brake pair(s) for track applications. Shielded, oil resistant and NFPA 79 approved.
>> For more information and product speciation sheets, click here