Software and support are critical aspects in achieving efficient batch processing:
1. Avoid proprietary software not based on the software and hardware platform widely used in your company.
2. Work with suppliers that have a 24/7 programming and troubleshooting infrastructure.
3. Train maintenance personnel on simple troubleshooting steps and make sure they know the contact information when additional support is needed.
4. Use object programming as much as possible, with standard proven “modules” available in the control system (and backup) library.
5. If ready, convert all programming software to an open system industrial platform.
Liked this article? Download the entire playbook here.