Intermateable with other NATO STANAG 4695 connectors, the field-ready Fischer UltiMate™ 80 connector comes in two layouts featuring 6 or 7 signal and power contacts (size 08) with up to AWG 22. Engineered in Switzerland, it offers an ultra-rugged, lightweight and IP68-sealed connectivity solution for any harsh environment, especially for defense & security applications and soldier modernization programs. Its design is exceptionally rugged by any market standards and compliant with MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-202, providing environmental and mechanical performance and endurance that outperform by far other suppliers’ similar connectors:
- Ruggedness: high resistance to corrosion (500h salt mist), up to 10,000 mating cycles for the plug / 5,000 for the receptacle, random vibration 7.7 Grms, shock resistant (100 G), cable bending resistance (+/-90° for 5000 cycles), temperature (-55 °C to +135 °C), triple key coding
- Light weight: housing material in aluminum: 2,7 g
- Environmental sealing: connector Ingress Protection mated and unmated: IP68 sealing 2m/24h.
The Fischer UltiMate™ 80 connector comes as a pre-cabled plug, and a pre-cabled and/or panel receptacle.
As for the new Fischer UltiMate™ connector in size 15, it meets special power and high-speed data requirements for further design and technology developments with various contact layouts (2, 4, 8, 4+12 or 27 signal and power contacts).
These new connectors are part of the world-renowned rugged, compact, and lightweight Fischer UltiMate™ Series used to ruggedize technology for field operations in extreme environments. Environmentally sealed to resist extreme shocks and vibrations, these durable and reliable connectors are ideal to interconnect devices, equipment, hubs and embedded electronic systems where weight matters, for example in defense & security, industrial, instrumentation, marine & underwater, as well as robotics and unmanned vehicles.
The Fischer UltiMate™ connectors’ resin-sealed contact block offers extreme sealing (up to IP68 / IP69 even unmated, gastight, CBRN decontamination), high shock and vibration resistance, as well as superior cable resistance in terms of traction.
- Fischer UltiMate™ 80 (PDF)
- Fischer UltiMate™ Series: www.fischerconnectors.com/global/en/products/ultimate