Aerotech Inc., a global leader in precision motion control and automation, has released the AGV-XPO, a high-dynamic, two-axis laser scan head that combines low-inertia, high-efficiency motors with ultra-high resolution position feedback and optimized structural dynamics to deliver rapid acceleration profiles and excellent part-profile tracking with minimal following error.
“We know our customers need to achieve exceptionally high speeds and accelerations plus outstanding part-path accuracy, so our AGV-XPO scan heads are engineered from the ground up to minimize any tradeoff between throughput and precision,” said Brian Fink, Aerotech product manager.
The AGV-XPO is ideal for high-throughput applications that require superior dynamic precision, minimal following error and rapid move-and-settle performance, including display processing and manufacturing; high-speed drilling and cutting; electronics manufacturing; large-field and long focal length scanning; and femtosecond laser processing.
Key features include:
- Increased process throughput with innovative, dynamically optimized design;
- Superior dynamic accuracy and improved process yield with high resolution feedback;
- Enhanced thermal stability with optional air and water cooling;
- System design flexibility with a multitude of optical configurations; and
- Easy synchronization with other motion axes for seamless integration and ease of use.