ABB, the leading power and automation technology group, will feature new and established technologies that improve all aspects of oil and gas processes at the Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) to be held May 5-8 in Houston. ABB, Baldor, and Thomas & Betts will showcase these solutions in booth 4163 (Reliant Center), 7022 (Reliant Arena) and 5255 (Reliant Center) respectively.
OTC is a leading forum for the development of offshore resources in the fields of drilling, exploration, production and environmental protection. It is held annually at Reliant Park in Houston.
“With the resurgence of the oil and gas industry, particularly in North America, new technologies and products to help operations run efficiently and safely are in high demand,” said Brandon Spencer, head of ABB’s Chemical, Oil and Gas business in the US. “OTC is an excellent opportunity for us to demonstrate how we can help existing and new oil and gas operations run at peak performance.”
ABB offers the industry’s most comprehensive range of products and services that make the process of obtaining, delivering and using all types of energy more reliable and efficient, from all parts of oil and gas resource development, production and delivery to power grid reliability to alternative energy. Its unique capability to integrate operations and systems, such as offshore platforms, drilling vessels, land-based operations, process and power management systems, help oil and gas customers keep their production online while maintaining the highest levels of efficiency, safety and process reliability.
The ABB SmartSquad, a dedicated team of ABB’s most renowned subject matter experts, will be at the show to share their insights on overall oil and gas industry issues, answer technical questions, and cover specific topics of interest each hour. They will be at the ABB SmartBar in booth #4163; follow this link for the schedule of topics to be highlighted.
ABB’s extensive exhibits at OTC will feature specific products and services that help customers improve all aspects of offshore and onshore energy development processes including:
- The System 800xA Collaboration Table, which uses a 3D model of the platform or process and a touchscreen interface to help production teams access and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Leading-edge control room design for optimum operator effectiveness and ergonomics
- Marine solutions for all types of oil exploration and transport vessels including Azipod propulsion, onboard power, and services
- Instrumentation for precise measurement in upstream oil and gas applications, including pressure transmitters, wedge meters, level measurement and analytical instruments
- Telecommunication systems for offshore platforms, FPSO vessels and land-based operations
- Remote monitoring for offshore facilities
- Integrated process automation and electrical systems for significantly reduced footprint and system complexity, lower initial and lifecycle costs, and increased efficiency
- Safety systems to protect people, process and the environment
- Power management and electrical equipment integration
- Baldor motors for use in harsh environments including large AC, explosion proof and severe duty that meet the American Petroleum Institute (API) 541 5th edition standard
- Thomas & Betts induction lighting, cables and non-corrosive stainless steel Ty-Rap® cable ties designed for optimum performance in oil and gas applications
>> For more information, click here