The REC Series is twenty times more durable than equivalent mechanical contactors and succeeds in handling high frequency switching. The REC Series is comprised of a 3-pole non-reversing version with three switched phases or a 3-pole non-reversing and reversing versions with two switched phases. The first solution eliminates direct connection from the power supply to motor, while the second one maintains the same performance level while providing relevant cost reduction. The REC is mechanically compatible with Carlo Gavazzi's CGT-22 line of bimetallic overload modules, by means of a plastic adapter.
In addition to competitive pricing, the REC Series assures substantial savings, as it reduces system downtime and maintenance costs. The solid state contactors are provided with a 1,600 Vp blocking voltage option that enhances their surge current ratings.
The REC Series is cUL listed as a motor starter and complies with the NMFT/NMFT7 requirements. The main technical features include:
- REC2 / REC3 - direct starting of 3-phase motors up to 5Hp at 480VAC
- REC2R - direct starting and reversing of 3-phase motors up to 5Hp at 480VAC
- Full load rating at 40°C / 104°F
- Instant-on switching
- Rated operational voltage up to 600VAC
- AC or DC control options
- Mechanical contactor resemblance with covered heat sink
- Connects to CGT-22 overload module
- Control status LED indication
- DIN-rail or panel mounting
- cULus listed, CE and RoHS compliant
The solid state contactors are available from Carlo Gavazzi's North American network of sales offices, authorized stocking distributors or www.GavazziOnline.com.