United Electric Controls has introduced the One Series Safety Transmitter — the first SIL 2-certified transmitter designed solely for safety system applications. Unlike costly, overcomplicated process transmitters that must be adapted for safety use, the One Series is engineered to protect, giving safety teams simple setup and fast, safer and affordable performance — from the start.
The new One Series Safety Transmitter is available in versions that monitor temperature and pressure. Its features include “an exclusive design that means fewer nuisance trips and greater safety and productivity, an internal high-speed safety relay for the fastest emergency shutdown, greater affordability than adapting a process transmitter for safety applications, and a higher safe failure fraction that simplifies SIL achievement,” said Wil Chin, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development, United Electric Controls.
The One Series transmitter provides 4-20 mA NAMUR standard output with exclusive “I Am Working™” diagnostics. A unique, high-speed safety relay output is incorporated for local alarm or emergency shutdown. Discrete outputs deliver diagnostics and relay status voting logic input to the safety PLC to determine appropriate action. The transmitter is certified for use in SIL 2 safety instrumented systems, and is capable of SIL 3 per IEC 61508. It has configurable self-diagnostics and achieves a safe failure fraction of 98.5%. Instrument response time is <100 milliseconds.
Additional features include:
• A large digital display that provides process variable, status, self-diagnostics and field programming information
• 100% programmable solid-state relay (switch set point & deadband)
• Effectively replaces a gauge, transmitter and a switch to reduce potential leak paths
• Certified for use in SIL 2 plant safety applications with FMEDA report available
• Worldwide hazardous location approvals for Class I, Divisions 1 & 2 (Zones 0, 1 & 2)
>>For more information on this product, click here