American Industrial Systems, Inc. (AIS), the leading designer and manufacturer of open platform and PC-based HMIs touch panel interfaces, announces its design for manufacturability services for new open, hazardous area mobile HMI tablets integrating the new Celeron Processor N2920 from Intel. The new N2920 Celeron processor from Intel will bring more processing power and feature sets to AIS open HMI platforms. The new open, Class I Division 2, ATEX and IECEX Zone 2 certified oilfield mobile HMI panel solutions from AIS will also be powered by a Windows Embedded 8 operating system. Offering the same rich, multi-touch experience as Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8, Windows Embedded 8 delivers compelling visual experiences for users on AIS open, PC-based HMI panels.
AIS Mobile HMI Panels are Real-Time, Business and Visual Intelligence (BI) Field Mobility Solutions for Manufacturing, Industrial, Building and Energy Applications
The combination of AIS Design for Manufacturability services for open PC-based mobile HMI tablets new product development, powered by the new Celeron Processor N2920 processor from Intel, and a Windows Embedded 8 operating system, will give OEM/ODM and end-user customers next generation machinery and equipment unprecedented control and monitoring capabilities and advantages. It will create new revenue generating business models and opportunities and provide better access to business intelligence and data processing for better decision making.
AIS Design for Manufacturability (DMS): delivers complete in-house engineering services that provide turnkey visualization solutions for OEMs/ODMs to integrate with their machinery and equipment. AIS DMS will allow them to be faster to market with their machinery equipped with an AIS PC-based HMI solution. It will also offer higher reliability, higher availability and the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO). In addition, AIS DMS will also help customers maintain their competitive edge by delivering new products and services that will align with new technology requirements and trends.
Total HMI Mobility & Flexibility: the need to obtain, secure and access remote areas with mobile HMI devices and tablets that are open PC-based solutions with wireless connectivity is imperative for operators to be more effective in their jobs. Users can now access real-time and historical KPIs, trends and charts with 3rd Party HMI/SCADA software and increase efficiency by using AIS open platform, Mobile HMI panels
Integrating the latest Celeron Processor N2920 from Intel with AIS Open HMI Panels: As the engine of the system, the processor is responsible for everything from heavy data crunching to video. The new Intel Celeron Processor N2920 adds new functionality, feature and performance with its latest enhancements:
- Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x) allows one hardware platform to function as multiple “virtual” platforms for improved manageability by limiting downtime and maintaining productivity by isolating computing activities into separate partitions.
- Intel VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT), also known as Second Level Address Translation (SLAT), provides acceleration for memory intensive virtualized applications.
- Intel 64 architecture improves performance by allowing systems to address more than 4 GB of both virtual and physical memory.
- Intel Trusted Execution Technology for safer computing is a versatile set of hardware extensions to Intel processors and chipsets that enhance the digital office platform with security capabilities such as measured launch and protected execution. It enables an environment where applications can run within their own space, protected from all other software on the system.
AIS Oilfield Mobility Solution Can Help Improve Any Application with Benefits of the following:
- Accuracy: Eliminate errors in the field to access real-time and historical KPIs, trends and charts for increased operator productivity.
- Efficiency: Allow engineers, operators and technicians to do their jobs on-the-go and provide a better operational performance.
- Productivity: Reduce engineer, operator and technician hours through automated data capture to instantly view critical information.
- Optimization: Improve workforce management with visibility into performance metrics.
Windows Embedded 8 Intuitive Interface and AIS Open, PC-Based HMIs Empower Customers to Gain Better Visibility into Production Areas Previously Not Accessible to Mobile HMI Users
By integrating AIS open, HMI panels with Windows Embedded 8, end-users will experience an intuitive, rich interface that serves up a targeted and consistent device experience to the operator. Windows Embedded provides a consistent, streamlined application platform that shortens development cycles for specific industry device scenarios in oil & gas operations, manufacturing and other industries.
- Compelling user interface, powerful application support, system security and manageability of Windows 8.1 operating system.
- Ensure consistent configuration with lockdown features.
- Full Windows provides a consistent development experience.
- Plug and play peripheral capabilities with POS for .NET.
>> For more information, click here