Sigma-Netics, a global manufacturer of pressure switches, pressure transducers, metal bellows and metal bellows assemblies, announces its 703-U and 703-UJ Series of UL-rated, explosion-proof pressure switches. These components are suitable for gaseous or liquid fluid systems in hazardous applications, including offshore exploration, petrochemical processing and oil and gas pipelines.
The 703-U and 703-UJ Series have a corrosion-resistant stainless steel construction and UL ratings for hazardous locations, including Class 1: Division 1, Groups A, B, C, D, as well as Class 2: Groups E, F, G. Units also feature high overpressure capabilities, a NEMA Type 7 explosion-proof rating and rugged piston design, enabling these switches to withstand high pressure spikes, shock and vibration.
The 703-U Series features factory-set fixed pressure, while the 703-UJ features field-adjustable pressure. Designed for easy field adjustment, the 703-UJ also incorporates a tamper-resistant locking mechanism to maintain set point integrity. Additional features and specifications of the 703-U/UJ Series include:
- Pressure range: 6 to 5,000 PSI
- Temperature range: -40 to +180°F
- Pressure connection: 1/4"–18 NPT (male) and 1/2"–14 NPT (male)
- Single pole double throw (SPDT) option
- Double pole double throw (DPDT) option
- 1/2-inch NPT electrical connection with five full threads for conduit engagement
- Factory-sealed lead wires Type UL 1015 AWG #18, 24 inches long
- Hydraulic and electric modules AISI 316 stainless steel
Thanks to their durable construction, 703-U/UJ pressure switches boast exceptional accuracy and repeatability even in explosive environments. They also guarantee a long service life, thanks to a snap-action electrical switch tested to 1 million cycles.
To learn more, please visit www.sigmanetics.com.